"7439" by RENATO D'AGOSTIN
PUBLIC OPENING & BOOK SIGNING: SATURDAY MAY 13, 2017, FROM 12PM TP 7PM
EXHIBITION: 13 MAY - 9 SEPTEMBER 2017
No American road trip looms larger in our collective consciousness than the one bound west, and has been both the favorite subject and a formidable challenge for most artists, from Robert Franck to Jack Kerouac. In 2015, Italian-born photographer Renato D’Agostin took the challenge and travelled the 7,439 miles from New York to Los Angeles on his 1983 BMW motorcycle, developing film in hotel sinks along the way. This initiatic journey gave rise to a series of bright and contrasted images, overwhelming with beauty, subtlety and grace, entitled "7439".
Renato D’Agostin captures visual elements and leaves his singular mark on every picture. Mastering every aspect of his silver gelatin photography, Renato D’Agostin knows better than anyone how to imbue a classical black and white picture with a contemporary cut. Renato’s photographs, laden with abstraction and surrealism, are strong and powerful yet delicate.
- 28 original black and white silver prints, numbered, printed and signed by the artist
- Format 32x48 cm, limited edition of 25, priced at 3,500 €
- Format 67x100 cm, limited edition of 5, priced at 7,000 €
- Triptych (67x100 cm x3), limited edition of 5, priced at 21,000 €
- A signed copy of the '7439' book is available online
- A signed copy of his award-winning "Proxemcis" book is available online